|Nathan Woods, CSI, CCCA, LEED AP|
Post Number: 594
|Posted on Tuesday, September 02, 2014 - 12:01 pm: |
I saw this on LinkedIN today. Gensler is looking for a Spec Writer in their Dallas office. Here is a link to the add: http://linkd.in/1vJ40X6. I must admit, what they are looking for sounds a lot like what you guys all wish your job was like :-)
Here is the gist of the ad:
Gensler’s Dallas office is seeking a Specifier. The Specifier's primary responsibility is to support specification production on projects within the office.
- Prepares Project Manuals for select projects.
- Oversees the preparation of Project Manuals.
- Assists trained Project Team members to prepare project specifications.
- Collaborates with Project Managers, Architects, and Designers.
- Coordinates scheduling and production of Project Manuals.
- Collaborates with Project Teams.
- A resource for technical questions and construction administration issues.
- A resource for material and product selections.
- Participate in Firmwide monthly specification liaisons conference calls.
- 10 years in architectural profession.
- A minimum of 5 years dedicated specification writing.
- Bachelor of Architecture (5 year degree).
- Must be a team player.
- Excellent verbal and written communicator.
- Superior organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven work culture.
- Positive "can do" attitude.
- Use of Arcom Masterspec.
- Familiarity with International Building code.
- Experience with sustainable projects.
- Registered Architect.
- Certified Construction Specifier (CCS) and/or Certified Construction Contract Administrator (CCCA).
- Active member of Construction Specifications Institute (CSI) or Specification Consultants in Independent Practice (SCIP).
- LEED AP.
- Familiarity with e-specs and Specs-Intact.