4specs.com    4specs.com Home Page

Tub/Shower Surrounds Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

4specs Discussion Forum » MasterFormat 2004 Discussions » Tub/Shower Surrounds « Previous Next »

Author Message
David G. Axt, CCS, CSI ,SCIP
Senior Member
Username: david_axt

Post Number: 1418
Registered: 03-2002

Posted on Monday, July 06, 2015 - 11:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostPrint Post

Where would I specify the premanufactured tub/shower surround units?
David G. Axt, CCS, CSI, SCIP
Specifications Consultant/Web Publisher
Dave Metzger
Senior Member
Username: davemetzger

Post Number: 595
Registered: 07-2001

Posted on Monday, July 06, 2015 - 11:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostPrint Post

102819 Tub and Shower Enclosures. This is the closest applicable number and title, although I think of it really as intended for glass and metal enclosures.

You also could use the next number in sequence, ie 102820, for Manufactured Tub and Shower Surrounds.
Ronald L. Geren, FCSI, AIA, CCS, CCCA, SCIP
Senior Member
Username: specman

Post Number: 1323
Registered: 03-2003

Posted on Tuesday, July 07, 2015 - 12:22 am:   Edit PostDelete PostPrint Post

I have specified them in 22 41 23 for shower enclosures that include the receptor and 22 41 19 for tub enclosures that include the tub.
Lynn Javoroski FCSI CCS LEEDŽ AP SCIP Affiliate
Senior Member
Username: lynn_javoroski

Post Number: 2031
Registered: 07-2002

Posted on Tuesday, July 07, 2015 - 08:48 am:   Edit PostDelete PostPrint Post

I've typically done them in Division 22 when they are plumbing fixtures and include the receptor, etc. Usually, the consultant in charge of Division 22 will want to spec them. If they are the more "decorative" type (glass and metal) and are not a plumbing fixture, then it's Division 10. In either case, they need coordination between Architect and Engineer.
Jeffrey Wilson CSI CCS SCIP
Senior Member
Username: wilsonconsulting

Post Number: 175
Registered: 03-2006

Posted on Tuesday, July 07, 2015 - 09:46 am:   Edit PostDelete PostPrint Post

I have long used 102120 "[Tub and ]Shower Enclosures." The logic is that these are similar to a "shower compartment" (102116 in MF) and frequently include a prefab shower base, which MasterSpec includes in the "Shower & Dressing Compartment" sections.

This is if the engineer declines to specify these as plumbing fixtures, which I think is more appropriate.
Jeffrey Wilson CCS CSI SCIP
Wilson Consulting Inc
Ardmore PA

Add Your Message Here
Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration