4specs.com    4specs.com Home Page

Modular Casework Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

4specs Discussion Forum » MasterFormat 2004 Discussions » Modular Casework « Previous Next »

Author Message
Jeffrey Leemhuis, CSI, CCS
Senior Member
Username: jrlbarch

Post Number: 22
Registered: 07-2005
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 02:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostPrint Post

Has anyone come across the modular wood casework that is supported on rails and can be moved and relocated? It is acutally classed as movable furniture. Would this be specifed in 12 50 00 Systems Furniture or 12 30 00 Casework?
Phil Kabza
Senior Member
Username: phil_kabza

Post Number: 366
Registered: 12-2002

Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 02:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostPrint Post

It's still casework. MasterSpec includes the laboratory casework version of these systems in their Division 12 Section "Laboratory Casework".
John Regener, AIA, CCS, CCCA, CSI, SCIP
Senior Member
Username: john_regener

Post Number: 427
Registered: 04-2002
Posted on Sunday, February 15, 2009 - 12:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostPrint Post

For a complex hospital project, I wrote specifications for:

06410 (06 41 00) - Custom Casework: Hardwood veneer and plastic laminate covered casework for public, administrative and patient spaces.

12348 (12 31 00)- Manufactured Laboratory Casework: Metal casework for laboratory.

12752 (12 56 73?)- Pharmacy Systems Furniture: Wall-mounted, relocatable "furniture" (casework) for pharmacy.

For tax purposes (depreciation), the pharmacy casework was furniture.

Add Your Message Here
Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration