4specs.com    4specs.com Home Page

ADA/phone and door access bollards Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

4specs Discussion Forum » MasterFormat 2004 Discussions » ADA/phone and door access bollards « Previous Next »

Author Message
Posted on Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 01:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostPrint Post

what number would you use for bollards with ADA door buttons and/or phones? These will be next to the main entrance of the building.
Dave Metzger
Senior Member
Username: davemetzger

Post Number: 298
Registered: 07-2001
Posted on Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 02:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostPrint Post

It depends. What material are they, and how constructed? Are they a manufactured product, or custom-fabricated?

Frequently on our projects these bollards have been custom, with stainless steel cladding. In those cases I specify them in 057000 Decorative Metal. But manufactured bollards are also available from some power operator manufacturers, and in that case I would specify them as a hardware item in 087100 Door Hardware.

Add Your Message Here
Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration